Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"Come Unto Me" Art Journal Page by Tracey Sabella

Hi everyone! It's Tracey here to share the latest addition to my Scripture art journal. 

Donna's fabulous products are so versatile. It's so easy to switch gears from the bold and colorful page I posted recently to this subtle and nearly monochromatic page full of rugged textures. The thick chipboard pages in Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® are fabulous for mixed media. 

"Come Unto Me"

Tips and Techniques
Donna's Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx are so fabulous to work with. Here I've stamped the sentiment on basic white cardstock with Stormy Mix'd Media Inx, then heat set with clear embossing powder. I like to stamp first then die cut so I can center the sentiment in the die before cutting. A piece of washi tape will keep it in place. Once cut, I used my Foam Blending Tool to rub more of the Stormy ink across the die cut.

The background around the sentiment and the page edges are brushed with Donna's Clearsnap Woodstain Smooch Spritz, then spritzed with water to lighten and move the color.

I scored a vintage dictionary at our library book sale a couple months ago and used it to create one of Donna's Spellbinders Bitty Blossom flowers. It's rubbed lightly with Stormy Mix'd Media Inx to color. 

In keeping with the monochromatic look for my journal page, I very lightly sprinkled Donna's Black and Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx Embossing powder over her Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Foam Swirls and heat set. Because I used a light hand with the embossing powder, the swirls were still just a little tacky in places, so I sprinkled Donna's Clearsnap Sugar Shimmer Twinkle Dust Glitter to add a girly, sparkly touch. I also rubbed the edges lightly with Stormy Mix'd Media Inx. 

I distressed the lace after snipping off the lower edge and kept it the natural color.

I wanted a hint of textured color on my chipboard flower to draw my eye to the sentiment. I mixed Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pigment powders into whipped spackle and dabbed it onto the chipboard with a brush to create this lovely texture. You may be thinking, Donna doesn't have green pigment powder?? Blue plus gold and a tiny bit of brown mixed together created this lovely green color. It's hard to capture in a photo, but there is a lovely shimmer on the flower and leaves from the mica powder. Once dry, I rubbed lightly with Stormy Mix'd Media ink to highlight the texture.

My background paper is from the corner of a 12 x 12" patterned paper. I just adore the textured patterns in the corner, so added similar stamping and shading around the page edge for a finished look.

I hope you've been inspired to experiment with Donna's Girlie Grunge products
to create your own one of a kind textures and colors.

Here are links to the other pages in my Art Journal:

~ Blessings ~


Donna Salazar Products



Donna Salazar Designs
Dear Sir ~ Rubber Stamp
Crackle ~ Rubber Stamp

Partner Products
Clearsnap®/Colorbox® ~ Foam Blending Tool
Clearsnap®/Colorbox® ~ Embossing Powder - Clear
Spellbinders®  ~ Radiant Rectangles
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® ~ Crafty Foam Tape

For a complete product list, please stop by my blog, Garden of Grace.

2 comments: