Friday, December 4, 2015

Winter Scene Canvas by Elena Olinevich

Hello crafters. My kids are asking me each day when the winter comes. As for the youngest (he is 3 years old) it means cold and snowy. It's nasty outside with no snow. When I was a child there have been much more snow in winter than nowadays, and the color for winter projects for me are associated with white and blue for my childhood. Now I experiment a lot with a color, but in my memories of those good times it was snowy and blue was the dominant color.

So I decided to create a canvas, I named it Winter Scene - with lots of snow on the background and frosty weather.

So I played only with 3 main colors - white, blue and brown,
though I used many tones of these colors.


I started with creating different textures on my canvas background - I applied crackle paste, sand paste, and gloss gel. After that I added lace and denim trims, covered half of it with gesso and started playing with the blue.
First I misted it, then I added the pigment powders in brown and blue. It was a magic.


You can see the lovely textures and colors here.

Lots of sparkle.

So easy and so cool!

Hope you have liked my canvas, thanks for watching.


Donna Salazar Designs Products

No comments:

Post a Comment