Thursday, September 24, 2015

Girlie Grunge Christmas Card by Tracey Sabella

Hi everyone, it's Tracey back with another girlie grunge project to share with you today. 

Christmas is just around the corner, so I decided to get a jump start on my Christmas cards, pairing Donna's fabulous products with the Dear Santa paper collection by PhotoPlay

One of the things I adore about using Donna's products is that they are so versatile. There seems to be no end to the cool things you can create with them. Need a Christmas tree? No problem - cut it out of her Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® burlap ribbon from the Texture Ribbons pack. Want to color it green? Grab her Clearsnap® Evergreen Smooch Spritz and brush it onto the burlap tree!! Here's my card. I share close-ups with all the creative details in my Tips and Techniques section below.


Tips and Techniques
Here's the tree I mentioned. I simply cut it from Donna's burlap ribbon. I cut out the tree shape and placed it on an Adhesive Sheet by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®, then trimmed around it, peeled off the backing and placed it on the card. This is a perfect way to hold those grungy frayed edges in place.

As I was creating, decided that I wanted my tree to be green so I spritzed some Evergreen Smooch Spritz onto my craft mat with a little water and brushed it across the burlap - the perfect color for a Christmas tree. 

For the snow on the tree, I randomly spread Donna's Clearsnap® Emboss Gloss, then sprinkled with her Clearsnap® Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder and heat set.

I spread a few of Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® E-Z Stars across my non-stick craft mat, then rubbed her gold Pigment powder (also by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®) across them to get this shimmery gold color. I lifted the colored stars with a metal palette knife to move them to the tree.

The music note rose bud is die cut with Donna's Spellbinders® Rose Creations dies. I cut two of the smallest rose petal sections, forming a bud in the center. I cut a snippet of Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Lace Ribbon to layer under the bud. They are held in place using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Medium DODZ™.

I've embellished this darling Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® 3D Foam Snowflake with Donna's Clearsnap® products. First I very lightly sprinkled one side with Donna's Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder, then sprinkled a bit of her Sugar Shimmer Twinkle Dust Glitter. Be sure to tap off any excess before heat setting, or you just might have glitter flying everywhere. I just adore the texture of the embossing powder paired with the shimmer of this super fine glitter.

I layered pieces of Dear Santa Cozy Up and Let it Snow paper and tucked Donna's sweet lace into the layers. The sentiment is also from the Dear Santa Element Sticker sheet. The edges are lightly distressed using the edge of my scissors blade and then inked with Donna's Stormy Mix'd Media Inx.

I've also splattered the background, including the tree with white drawing ink from my stash.

 I thought I'd also share a shot of the inside of the card. If you look carefully, you'll see I tucked a piece of Donna's organza lace from her Textured Ribbons pack between the layers. The sentiment is stamped with Donna's Midnight Mix'd Media CHOX Inx.

I hope you've been inspired to add wonderful texture and
color to your next card project with Donna's fabulous products!

~ Blessings ~



Donna Salazar Designs Products




Partner Products
Spellbinders ~ Artisan X-plorer (Retired)

 Cozy Up
Let it Snow
Element Sticker

For a complete product list, please stop by my blog HERE.

1 comment: