Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Christmas Card & Layout by ~Donna Salazar

Hello my peeps! I've been crazy busy with preparations for CHA so it was nice to be able to take a break and make a layout and card using some of my favorite products from Spellbinders®, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® and Clearsnap® with "Dear Santa" papers and stickers from my friends at Photoplay™.



The first project I'm sharing is this 8.5"x11" layout with a photo of me and my bestie with my daughter that was taken TEN YEARS AGO!!! My how time has just flown by!!!


In the close up below you can see some matte splatters and some glittery splatters. I pressed my Mix'd Media Inx pad onto a non stick craft sheet then blended with water and used a fan brush to splatter. I then watered down some white acrylic paint and used the same brush to splatter that. While the paint was still wet I sprinkled my Twinkle Dust Glitter in Sugar Shimmer over it and I got 2 different types of splatters. I also added some of my E-Z Stars with the same glitter.


I added a little Girlie Grunge touch with my denim ribbon on the strip as well as a rolled denim ribbon flower. 



I made a couple of Bitty Blossoms out of white card stock and then I spritzed one with Holly Berries Smooch Spritz to create the little sparkly deep red rose and then I added some of my Carnation Creations die cuts to the Bitty Blossom.



I had a ton of fun with all the stickers that came in the "Dear Santa" paper pack.



Making the card was SUPER easy!!! I just cut one of the 12x12 papers down to size, distressed the edges, inked them with Mix'd Media Inx CHOX, then added a bit of white paint to the edges. I then splattered the back ground with a little bit of the same paint watered down a bit then sprinkled with Twinkle Dust Glitter while all the paint was still wet. 


I added a piece of burlap from my Texture Ribbons pack and a piece of scalloped denim from my Denim Ribbons pack both from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®. I added 3 Bitty Blossoms and adhered a few stickers and this card was done!



In the close up photo below you can see the inked edges with glittery paint edges and splatters really well. The stickers are also from the "Dear Santa" paper line.



Supplies:

Home & Hobby


Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Driftood
Mix'd Media Inx - Jasmine
Twinkle Dust Glitter - Sugar Shimmer
Smooch Spritz - Holly Berries

PhotoPlay "Dear Santa" papers

And don't forget about my "Girlie Grunge Holiday Cards" e-Class


For ONLY $10 you get: 
  • Detailed step by step instructions (downloadable pdf)
  • A narrated slide presentation video
  • & THREE separate start to finish videos (one for each card)

PLUS I still have some kits left for this class (see kit contents below).
 

Click on the class info link to see more details> Girlie Grunge Holiday Cards e-Class

Thanks for stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~

No comments:

Post a Comment