Friday, July 3, 2015

"#NormalFamily" Home Decor Sign by Donna

Hello my peeps! I have a quick little project to share with you today using a couple of my products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™. The project is the wooden sign hanging above the photo canvas but I feel that I should explain the photo because most people wouldn't make a canvas out of a blurry picture where everyone isn't looking their very bestest. But... I absolutely LOVE this photo. When my sister took this picture of us we were being so goofy that she couldn't help but laugh and the camera kept moving. She kept trying to take the photo but it gave my husband and son more time to make even goofier faces so this photo ended up being the best one. Even though it is blurry, we are making faces and my hair is all messy it is a perfect representation of our family... So I made it into a canvas knowing that I would have to make a goofy sign to go with it. 

The quote says "Remember... as far as everyone knows we are a nice #NORMALFAMILY"


Here are some close ups of the sign:

I used my new Lace Ribbons from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ to hang the sign.


I used some stencil masks from my friends at Hazel & Ruby to add the large letters. I used Spectrum Noir pens to outline the letters and add a drop shadow to the word strips.


I used Fast Finish Decoupage with my new Pigment Powder from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ to add a bit of gold shimmer to the edge of this mixed media sign.


I used my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX to stamp the words onto the word strips. I inked the edges of the strips with my original Mix'd Media Inx then tapped the edges onto the pad of the same color of Mix'd Media Inx CHOX that I had stamped the letters in.


Product used:
*NEW* Lace Ribbons
*NEW* Pigment Powder - Gold

Mix'd Media Inx - Honey
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Sparrow

Hazel & Ruby® - Stencil Masks - Central Park
Liquitex® - Basics Acrylic Paint
Beacon Adhesives - Fast Finish Decoupage

Thanks for Stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~
Where to find Donna:

No comments:

Post a Comment