Monday, June 29, 2015

"Birthday Card" by Donna

Hello my peeps! Today I've got a quick photo tutorial for you using some of my new products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™. This card is for my big sis. My family LOVES to tease each other so when I saw this stamp set from Unity Stamp Co, I knew that it would make a perfect card for her!


Here is how I made the card

I started with ivory card stock and added some of my new E-Z Stars.


I sprinkled some of my Twinkle Dust Glitter (yes it comes in this adorable glass shaker) over the adhesive stars and lightly rubbed it in.


I used my finger to dab some of my new Pigment Powder in Gold over the stars and glitter.


I brushed off the excess so that I wouldn't rub the Pigment Powder into the background.


I sprinkled some clear embossing powder over the stars and really pressed it into the adhesive (after using the Pigment Powder the adhesive loses it's stickiness).


I set the embossing powder with a heat gun.


I misted the card stock with a generous amount of water...


Then I used an ink blender with my Mix'd Media Inx in Indigo to create the "watercolor" sky.


Before I dried the card I used a baby wipe to remove any of the Inx from the top of the stars.


After drying the card I used Crafty Power Tape to adhere some of my new Denim Ribbon.



I stamped the image of the car using my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX in Sparrow.


I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of card stock, added notches in the ends then used an ink blender around the edges.


I adhered it with Crafty Power Tape.


I stamped the sentiment on the inside using my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX.


Then I distressed the edges of the front and the inside of the card using my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX in Driftwood.


And here are a couple close up shots.



Product used:
*NEW* Denim Ribbons
*NEW* E-Z Stars
*NEW* Pigment Powder - Gold

Twinkle Dust Glitter - Sugar Shimmer
Mix'd Media Inx - Indigo
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Sparrow, Driftwood

Thanks for Stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~
Where to find Donna:

4 comments:

  1. Heheheh - so fun... she will love it as only a sister could! Sooooooooooo cute! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that card, My little Sis does that to me! LOL.
    When are your new products available?

    Hugs,

    LoriM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, The products are just beginning to ship to the stores!!! Ask your local store if they will be carrying them! Smooches ~D~

      Delete