Sunday, February 22, 2015

"Mom's Garden" Mixed Media Layout by ~ Tracey Sabella

Hi, it's Tracey back to share a layout I've created featuring Donna's amazing products. I just adore working with these girlie grunge goodies and have come up with a new hand-crafted flower using her Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Texture Ribbons (organza), along with her Spellbinders Rose Creation dies, and Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx.

"Mom's Garden"

Tips and Techniques
My Open Organza Rose is created with Donna's new Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Textured Ribbons (Organza). I cut two each of Donna's three smallest Spellbinders Rose Creations Dies from the organza ribbon. This ribbon is nice and wide so it can be used to cut the flowers. I then colored the individual pieces with Mix'ed Media Inx, using the darker Adobe for the center and Vintage for the outer petals. The center is a DODZ™- 3D 1/4" sprinkled with Donna's Clearsnap Twinkle Dust Glitter.

These delightful sparkly flourishes are created with Donna's new Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Swirls. I peeled off the top paper, sprinkled with Pralines & Cream Twinkle Dust Glitter and they were ready to adhere to the page. I added an amber rhinestone to each end for even more sparkle.

The orange rose buds are created with Donna's Bitty Blossoms Dies using mulberry paper and colored with Mix'd Media Inx.

You can see more of my handcrafted flowers described above. I just adore Donna's new Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Lace Ribbons. Here I've curved it around my flowers, brushed randomly with Donna's Clearsnap Smooch Spritz that I used on the background and adhered a rhinestone in the center of each loop.  

My background was stenciled using a glittered molding paste. I then spritzed with Donna's Clearsnap Ice Rink Smooch Spritz. Finally, I splattered with more mist, black gesso, and white drawing ink along with random stamping with Donna's Dear Sir stamp using Stormy Mix'd Media Inx. I also scattered a few iridescent sequins around the clusters. 

A close-up of the bottom cluster. I dyed some white roses with Donna's Sea Breeze Smooch Spritz. Normally I grunge up my flowers with gesso, but I wanted these vibrant colors to pop, so I decided not to add the gesso this time.

I cut this butterfly from Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Pennant Set Canvas using one of her Spellbinders Wonderful Wings dies and spritzed with her Caramel Latte Smooch to color. Of course I had to rough up the edges to add a grungy feel. 

The page edges are stamped with Donna's Cotton Lace rubber stamp in Stormy Mix'd Media Inx, then sprinkled lightly and heat set with Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx embossing powder. I love how you can see some of the grungy dark grey beneath the creamy white embossing.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

~ Blessings ~


DSD Products

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Pennant Set (Canvas Flags)
Lace Ribbons
Texture Ribbons (Organza)
3D Foam Swirls

Clearsnap
Mix’d Media Inx ~ Storm, Adobe, Vintage
Mix’d Media Inx Embossing Powder ~ Jasmine
Smooch Spritz ~ Caramel Latte, Ice Rink, Sea Breeze
Twinkle Dust Glitter ~ Pralines & Cream

Spellbinders
Bitty Blossoms
Rose Creations
Wonderful Wings

Donna Salazar Designs
Cotton Lace Stamp
Dear Sir Stamp

Partner Products
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ DODZ™ - 3D 1/4”
Spellbinders ~ Artisan X-plorer
Clearsnap ~ Foam Blending Tool 

For a complete product list, please stop by my blog, Garden of Grace.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible Tracey - in every way. Love everything about it. Wow - lots of little details and hard work in this one. You are just so talented. Love seeing your projects. XO j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job Tracey, I love love your flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete