Thursday, October 23, 2014

Butterfly Birthday Card by ~ Tracey Sabella

Hi, it's Tracey here to share a mixed media birthday card I created filled with Donna's amazing products.


Tips and Techniques
I just adore creating with Donna's Spellbinders dies. Here I've used the large and medium Bitty Blossoms dies and The lavender flower is cut from white cardstock using the number 3 die from her Rose Creations set. (I number the dies from smallest to largest.) I misted the layers with Mixed Berries Smooch Spritz and crinkled. When dry, I offset the petals, adhered and added stamen from my stash. I found the berry sprigs on clearance. Of course they were the wrong color, so I painted them with white gesso, and when dry, rubbed them with Wisteria Mix'd Media Ink.

Here's a side view of the bottom corner. I also added some tiny pre-made roses, which I brushed with Smooch Spritz. The flourishes are cut on my Cameo Silhouette. 

Donna's Spellbinders Wonderful Wings die set has gorgeous butterflies with coordinating backgrounds for each including this beauty. I cut the background from white canvas, fraying the edges. The delicate butterfly is cut from white cardstock, spritzed with Mixed Berries Smooch Spritz and edged with her Mixed Berries Twinkle Dust Glitter. The antennae are created with white wrapped wire.

The center of course is another Bitty Blossom flower. I've added chunky glass glitter to the center. Donna has just posted a fabulous video tutorial showing how easy it is to create her Bitty Blossoms. You can view it HERE.

The background is created with a small brick stencil using light molding paste. While the molding paste is still wet, I sprinkled lightly with Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder and heat set. I then stenciled the doily in the top corner with more molding paste. I spritzed with Mixed Berries Smooch Spritz, focusing around the butterfly, clusters, and doily. The edges are distressed with Donna's Zutter Distrezz-it-All.

The birthday sentiment is simply printed on velum and adhered with a decorative brad. The vellum edges are dry brushed with gesso.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~ Blessings ~


DSD Card Products
GCD Studio ~ Natural Beauty 12” Pad
GCD Studio ~ Family Jeans 12” Pad
Clearsnap ~ Mix’d Media Inx –Wisteria
Clearsnap ~ Mix’d Media Inx Embossing Enamel – Jasmine
Clearsnap ~ Twinkle Dust Glitter – Mixed Berries
Clearsnap ~ Smooch Spritz – Mixed Berries
Spellbinders ~ Bitty Blossoms
Spellbinders ~ Wonderful Wings
Spellbinders ~ Rose Creations
Zutter ~ Distrezz-it-All

Other Products
Cardstock ~ White
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Open Roses – White 15mm, 10mm; Sweetheart Blossoms - White 
Creative Charms ~ Vintage Brads – VP-8210
Darice ~ Cover Spool Wire – White
Canvas, White
Golden ~ Light Molding Paste
Liquitex ~ Gesso – Clear, White
Stampendous ~ Fran-tage - Glass Glitter, Lavender
Prima ~ Elementals 6” Stencil- Doily 3 #960575
Small Brick Stencil 
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Art Gltter ~ Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Tombow ~ Multi Mono Liquid Glue
Spellbinders ~ Artisan X-plorer
Silhouette ~ Cameo
Silhouette Design Store ~ Elegant Flourish
Font ~ Jellyka Delicious Cake, from the internet

No comments:

Post a Comment