Sunday, October 11, 2015

Grateful Heart Thanksgiving Card by Tracey Sabella

Hi everyone! It's Tracey back to share a fall card created with Donna's gorgeous products paired with the PhotoPlay Autumn Day collection. I just adore coloring elements for my creations and Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pigment Powders blended so wonderfully with her Clearsnap Smooch Spritz to color the chipboard leaves and canvas. Check out the details in the Tips and Techniques section below.

My husband's family has a large gathering of over 50 people who get together at his cousin's home to celebrate Thanksgiving each year. I created this card as thanks for all the hard work they put into hosting this wonderful holiday and family time.

"Thanksgiving Card"

Tips and Techniques
To create the fall colors on this lovely chipboard piece, I started by painting it with white gesso. When dry, I brushed with Donna's Clearsnap Smooch Spritz in Green Olive and Caramel Latte. To add some extra glimmer, I mixed her pink and gold pigment powders together into water and brushed it over the Caramel Latte Smooch. To keep the glimmery pigment powder from rubbing off, I sprayed with a fixative. 

The canvas mat for the sentiment is cut from one of Donna's canvas banners in her Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pennant Set. I stamped a vine image with her Clearsnap Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx, then sprinkled and heat embossed with Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder. I sprayed the canvas with water, then Caramel Latte Smooch Spritz to color. You can see the subtle vine design on the corners.

 I cut a length of Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Lace Ribbons in half, then distressed the edge for a grungy effect. The layers are adhered with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Dodz and Crafty Power Tape.

One last view. 

I hope you've been inspired to grab your Donna Salazar products
and color elements on your next project!!

~ Blessings ~


Donna Salazar Designs Products



Donna Salazar Designs
Vine - Rubber Stamp

Partner Products


Pumpkin Patch
Multi Stripe

For a complete product list, please stop by my blog: Garden of Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment