Thursday, October 8, 2015

"Give Thanks" Canvas by ~Donna Salazar

Hello my peeps! Today I'm sharing photos of the canvas I made for my baby sister's birthday. I gave her the choice of a handmade item or craft supplies and she wanted something fall decor-ish... so this is what I created using the "Autumn Day" paper line from my friends at PhotoPlay and my AWESOME Donna Salazar Designs with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® products.


I decoupaged some old book pages to a canvas then added multiple alternating layers of paint then my Pigment Powders mixed with various mediums to make thick paint, glazes and a gold glitter wash.


I stamped random flower/leaf images around the edge of the canvas using my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX. 


I adhered the pumpkin with Premium Double Sided Tape, the sentiment with 3D Foam Squares and the bow with Dodz™XL.


After I added the bow (made from the organza ribbon in the Texture Ribbons pack) I used a heat gun to slightly melt it and make the ribbon look a little wonky.


I hope this project helps to inspire you to make some of your own fall home decor!

Product used:


Home & Hobby

Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Sparrow

Thanks for Stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~
Where to find Donna:

No comments:

Post a Comment