Tuesday, August 25, 2015

"Home Is where the Heart Is" Journal Page by Misty Russell

Hi! Misty here today to share a little project I created on one of the art journal pages from Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Denim Art Journal.
For the base of this project I covered the page with a napkin and then added a thin layer of gesso and added some color with Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® blue Pigment Powder and Clearsnap Candle Glow Smooch Spritz.

 Next, I started "building" the house by cutting out shapes from pattern paper, and then I added Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Photo Corners to my roof mimicking shingles.

Then I created the door and chimney using pieces of Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® - 3D foam frames stained with brown Pigment Powder.  I wanted to use the Donna's 3D swirls to create some whimsical smoke coming from the chimney and the black swirls worked perfectly with her Clearsnap Twinkle Dust Glitter to get this effect!

 To finish it all off and bring it all together, I added some stamping and gesso to all of the pieces and then cut out some words to say "Home is where the <3 is".

This was a lot of fun to make and I hope you like it too...

Thanks for stopping by, hope your having a great week!


Donna Salazar Products

Denim Art Journal

Smooch Spritz® ~ candle glow, carmel latte

Partner Products

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... this is amazing Misty... lots of TLC. j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joi! I'm so glad you like it! :)

      Delete