Monday, May 25, 2015

"Amazing Grace" Canvas by ~ Misty Russell

Hi, Misty here to share a new canvas I created using the beautiful texture and lace ribbons as well as the new pigment powders!

It's been a while since I've created a canvas, and I really enjoyed this one.  I've been reflecting on my faith and how thankful I am that I wasn't written off a long time ago.  There are so many reason's that I don't deserve God's love and blessings, but He showers me with them daily despite my many flaws and short comings...

Each piece and even the process of creating it was full of symbolism.  From the tattered organza texture ribbon being covered by "grace",  to the keys and wings symbolizing freedom...

Even the iridescent colors from the pigment powders and glitter are all have symbolic meaning.  


You can see how I created it in the video below...

,

Thanks for watching!  Hope you have a great week! 

Donna Salazar Products
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™
Pigment Powder ~ brown, gold, pink, blue
3D foam keys
Texture Ribbons (organza)
Lace ribbons

Clearsnap
Smooch Spritz ~ candle light, latte
Twinkle Dust glitter-pralines and cream

Spellbinders
Rose Creations Die

2 comments:

  1. Oh................................. ahhhhhhhhh.............seriously WONDERFUL Misty. You should be so proud of this. LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY in EVERY WAY. The colors, the theme, the workmanship, the "heart" of it... breathtaking. Thanks bunches and bunches for the tutorial and the MARVELOUS CREATION. Isn't it amazing to watch God "participate" in all phases of our lives? I often swear He is guiding my mind and hands when I am doing my artwork because when I look at it - I know I couldn't do something like that in my own power. We are so blessed. j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Yes, it is amazing to think that God participates with us. So awesome!

      Delete