Friday, May 22, 2015

Father's Day Card by ~ Tracey Sabella

Hello everyone! It's Tracey back to share my latest project with you. Father's Day is around the corner, and I have created a card to inspire your masculine creativity. Sometimes it can be a challenge to switch gears to make cards for the guys in our lives, but Donna's products are oh so perfect for masculine creations!!


Tips and Techniques
Donna's Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets Dies create the coolest gears and her new Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™Pigment Powders give a fabulous metallic finish. I cut the dies from smooth black cardstock, then dabbed with Donna's Clearsnap Mossy and Patina Mix'd Media Inx. While the ink was still wet, I used my finger to apply brown and gold Pigment Powders. When I had the grungy metallic finish the way I wanted, I spritzed with a matte fixative spray.

I hang on to my scraps to use for texture. Here I've used bits of Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ Pennant Set (Canvas Flag) and Texture Ribbons (Burlap). I colored them with Donna's Mix'd Media Inx.

I adhered my title onto a piece of cork which I colored with Mix'ed Media Inx. To raise the title, I've adhered it with Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ DODZ™ - 3D. 

I simply rubbed these chipboard circles with Pigment Powder. I also dry brushed the background with metallic copper, olive, and black craft paint.

I spritzed and splattered the background with Donna's Clearsnap Green Olive and Wood Stain Smooch Spritz. For texture I punched this grid border and tore off one edge and the sides for a grungy masculine effect. I also used graphite molding paste to stencil a grid design. The card edges are stamped with Donna's Ruler stamp. I used pieces of washi tape to cover the numbers when I inked up the stamp so just the lined edge marks would stamp onto the card. Just remove the washi tape before stamping. 

I use just about anything to add texture. Here, I've used matte soft get to adhere punch waste in the corner, then topped it with Iced Enamels Shattered Inclusions. Chunky glitter or mica flakes would give a similar effect. 

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you've been inspired to grab your Donna Salazar products and try out
a masculine card for that special guy in your life. 

~ Blessings ~


Donna Salazar Products
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™
Pigment Powder ~ brown, gold
DODZ™ - 3D
Pennant Set (Canvas Flag)
Texture Ribbons (Burlap)

Clearsnap
Mix’d Media Inx ~ Truffle, Mossy, Patina, Black
Mix’d Media Inx CHOX ~ Midnight
Smooch Spritz ~ Green Olive, Wood Stain

Spellbinders
Sprightly Sprockets

Donna Salazar Designs
Rubber Stamp ~ Ruler 

Partner Products
Spellbinders ~ Fallen Angel
Spellbinders ~ Artisan X-plorer

Other Products
Um Wow Studio ~ Chipboard - Circle Confetti

A complete product list can be found on my blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment