Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bushel & A Peck by ~Donna

Hello my peeps! Today I have another 8x10 canvas to share with you. This canvas was so much fun to make. I used some of my old papers with Hazel & Ruby stencil masks and some of my new products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.

This canvas is special to me because I sing this song multiple times a day to my grandson. I made sure that I added that note to the back of the canvas so that we will remember this when he is older.


I started by decoupaging wood paper to a canvas then created a distressed wood look with Liquitex acrylic paint. Then I added the stencil masks to the canvas and painted over them with acrylic paint. I pressed dictionary paper into the wet paint and let it dry a bit then pulled the paper and the stencil masks off and it left behind the text (it's backwards but you can't tell from far away). 


I used a ball point pen around the letters to make sure that they would stand out against the background. I created a sparkly glaze with my new Pigment Powder from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and Beacon's Fast Finish Decoupage and painted over the words "Love" "bushel" and one of the stars. I used the extra glaze to splatter some sparkly goodness all over the canvas.


I also added some stars with my new E-Z Stars Runner, sprinkled them with Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder in Leather and heat set them for some awesome coppery looking stars. I finished the edges of the canvas with Driftwood, Bluejay and Sparrow Mix'd Media Inx CHOX and stamped some text with Midnight CHOX.

Product used:

Pigment Powder - Brown
E-Z Stars Runner

Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder - Leather
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Sparrow, Driftwood, Bluejay, Midnight

Stencil Masks - Child's Play

Liquitex - Basics paint
Beacon Adhesives - Fast Finish Decoupage

Thanks for Stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~
Where to find Donna:

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. My Mama used to sing this to me and now I in turn sing it to my grandchildren too!! All these techniques are so interesting to me... what layering fun this is!! Always such wonderful creations when you share Donna. I always awed. Thanks bunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joi! You are so sweet!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this canvas. I'm hoarding all your papers. I only use them when I create a special card for someone. :) Sincerely, Elaine Rico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine! I have a hard time using them too... But I might be coming out with some new papers next year so we can finally use the old ones... LOL! :)

      Delete