Tuesday, March 15, 2016

How To Do Image Transfer With Girlie Grunge Art Medium

Hello my peeps! Today I'm sharing a flippin' awesome technique using my new Girlie Grunge Art Medium called Image Transfer. I have been having so much fun experimenting with this product!!! I think this is one of my most favorite projects so far.


I used a photo of some flowers that was printed on matte photo paper and an old wood shingle from a barn that a friend of mine gave to me.

You can double click on the video to go to Youtube so you can get a larger view.


Here are some additional tips for using the Girlie Grunge Art Medium:

I used the Girlie Grunge Art Medium and a couple tiny lace scraps to create the loops that I used to hang this.

I simply dipped the lace directly into the medium then adhered it to the back of the shingle.

After it was on the shingle I added more of the medium to make sure that it had a strong hold.

I leaned the shingle against the container so the back could dry.

I added a bit of the medium to the end of a long strip of my new Girlie Grunge Twine and twisted.

This made the end stiff so it would be easy to thread through the holes.

I went from the outside to the inside on one end then the opposite on the other end.


I tied the ends together... 

...Then I tied a bow... 

... Then I added a touch of medium to the center of the bow to keep the bow from untying.






Product used:
Donna Salazar Designs® with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®

Colorbox®
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Sparrow

Thanks for stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~

And as promised here are the two winners of the Premier issue of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. Drumroll please......

Hello GF....you are certainly on a roll with articles in magazines this month. But so well deserved. I'm so excited for you. Of course I would love to be able to have a copy of this Magazine. It is so sad that there are hardly any scrappy magazines in print anymore. I miss them...yes old school, that's me. LOL. So Thanks again from Prescott, Arizona Hugs
Congratulations and Happy Birthday! I love the special gifts you received - thanks for sharing. I miss scrapbooking magazines so much!
- Erika from California
So... If either of these posts are from you, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You can send me an e-mail with your name and mailing address to donna.e.salazar@gmail.com and I'll get your prize in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment