Saturday, December 12, 2015

Snowflake Gift Box by Tracey Sabella

Hi everyone. It's Tracey back to share a new project with you. 

It's that time of year when we are thinking and planning gifts for the special people in our lives. Today I'm sharing a wooden gift box I created that would be perfect for jewelry or a gift card. Donna's fabulous products were so much fun to work with on this girlie grunge snowflake box.


Tips and Techniques
I started off by painting this sweet wooden snowflake box with white gesso, then spritzed with Donna's Clearsnap Sea Breeze Smooch Spritz and then with water to lighten and spread the mist. While still damp, I used a soft, dry cloth to remove some of the mist from the snowflake to distress. When the mist was completely dry, I spritzed with a fixative to set the color.

I dabbed Clearsnap Glue Gloss on the snowflake edges and sprinkled with Donna's Clearsnap Sugar Shimmer Twinkle Dust Glitter to add a touch of girlie sparkle.

I lightly sprinkled Donna's Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder over one of her Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Foam Swirls and heat set. Because I did not completely cover the swirl with embossing powder, it was still tacky. I sprinkled on some of the Sugar Shimmer Twinkle Dust Glitter and adore the girlie grunge effect.

I created this little rose using Donna's Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms Die and added a couple tiny roses from my stash. The leaves and flowers are held in place with DODZ™.

I rubbed Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Gold Pigment Powder across her E-Z Stars, then scattered them across the top half of the box. Then I applied molding paste through a stencil to look like snow.

Originally there was red ribbon looped through holes at the top of the box for handles. I replaced it with Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® organza ribbon from her Texture Ribbon's pack. I twisted it with white twine.

Here's one final look.

I hope you've been inspired to create a holiday project with Donna's girlie grunge products.

~ Blessings ~
Tracey


Donna Salazar Products



Partner Products

For a complete product list, please stop by my blog: Garden of Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment