Sunday, June 7, 2015

"Dare to be Different" Journal Pages by ~ Misty Russell

Hi!  Misty here to share a journal spread using pages from Donna's Denim Art journal.


I created the background using heavy gesso and then creating more texture with a stencil and modeling paste.  Then I used a mix of DSD Smooch and her new Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ pigment powders...

I felt like this particular page needed a little more texture so I added some of the little 3d foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ and topped them off with Clearsnap Twinkle Dust Glitter.

One of the things I really like about using the pigment powders is that I can have more control with where I want the color, like on the chipboard dress form.

  I really wanted just hints of color and so after using some glaze over the entire piece, I then added bits of color over specific areas...like the pink heart in the center. :)  However, the pigments can also be used in the same way as mists by sprinkling the tiniest bits to your projects and then misting with water.  

The pink and lighter blue colors on these pages were done using that technique...


Then I finished by adding even more pigment powder and glitter to the other embellishments! 

Thats all I have for today!
Hoping you have a beautiful and creative weekend!

Donna Salazar Products

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™
Pigment Powder ~  pink, blue, gold
3D foam swirls

Clearsnap
Smooch Spritz ~ Candle Light, Latte
Twinkle Dust Glitter - Pralines and Cream

Spellbinders
Rose Creations Die
Sprightly Sprockets

Partner Products
3D Foam Squares 

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo UNIQUE and INTERESTING Misty. Just keep going back because there is so much to see. Your background and embellishments match your sentiment perfectly. It's a very 'different' art journal page but just so INTRIGUING and INSPIRING. Pushes me out of my box! j.

    ReplyDelete