Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Things Above" by ~Donna

Hello again! Wow... two posts from me in one day! It's been forever since I've done this. But, I am behind and I'm catching up so really I guess it isn't that impressive... LOL!

I made this mixed media canvas for the His Kingdom Come "Take Me Deeper" project. The bible verse is Colossians 3:2 - "Set your affection on things above not on things on the earth". 

I felt that a starry sky was a great background for this bible verse so I made the background with my Smooch Spritz from Clearsnap again. The Smooch Spritz makes these wonderful little spots when you dry the spritz with a heat gun, especially if it is spritzed over a wet medium. In this case I added a tiny bit of Ceramic Stucco to the entire background but made it thicker towards the bottom. I spritzed it with Sea Breeze on the top, Wood Stain on the bottom and added a light misting of water to get the spritz dripping then I dried it with a heat gun.


In the photo below you can see the texture that showed up when the spritz dripped into the wet Ceramic Stucco paste as well as a little bit of crackling.

In the photo below you can see some of those spots that showed up in the Smooch Spritz background as well as my FAVE little E-Z Stars from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ with some Twinkle Dust Glitter from Clearsnap. I used Spectrum Noir alcohol pens to outline the stars, the bible verse and add a little bit of doodling around the edge of the bible page border on the canvas.

Below is another close up of the background and stars. I also used my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX around the edge of the canvas to give it a vintage feel and to also stamp the bible verse.

 I painted the heart with Ceramic Stucco then added some Liquitex paint over the top. I used my Brown Pigment Powder mixed with Fast Finish Decoupage around the outside of the heart. 
Product used:

Pigment Powder - Brown
E-Z Stars

Smooch Spritz - Sea Breeze, Wood Stain
Twinkle Dust Glitter
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Patina, Sparrow, Midnight

Liquitex - Ceramic Stucco Texture Paste
Beacon Adhesives - Fast Finish Decoupage
Spectrum Noir - Alcohol Markers
Thanks for Stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~
Where to find Donna:

2 comments:

  1. You are the only person I know Donna that can make a heart look like it is actually beating!! This one sure does. And again - I love the border - it's perfect! I'm so happy that you did two today - thank you. Just what I needed to get my thoughts focused on the great blessings in my life and things above! j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joi! I'm glad that these posts mean so much to you! :)

      Delete