Sunday, March 29, 2015

Believe in Fairies - Art Journal Page ~ by Mistra Hoolahan

Hi lovelies!  Today I have a lighthearted art journal page to share with you. I love winged things and hope to fill this journal with loads of them!  When my son was a toddler we used to tell him that the sparkles that would bounce off the crystals hanging in the window were fairies... for years he believed, it's one of my favourite memories, him laughing at the fairies.


First for this one I layered strips of texture using Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Texture Ribbons {Burlaps & Organza} and Lace Ribbons, and then added some clear texture with some blended fibres medium. Once dried I added my colour, starting by dabbing on some Chiffon Mix'd Media Inx ReInker. I helped this blend and run slightly by spraying it directly with water. The pages in the Denim Art Journal are thick enough to withstand this! Next I sprayed Smooch Spritz in Caramel Latte, Cashmere and Candle Glow, adding this from the top so it could run down.


The sweet little chipboard dress-forme was covered in Donna's Canvas Ribbon and Texture Ribbon {Burlap} from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. I made her little skirt with some offcuts from Crafty Chronicles. Her wings were cut from Canvas Ribbon as well using Donna's Wonderful Wings Die by Spellbinders. She was then coloured using Caramel Latte, Cashmere and Candle Glow Smooch Spritz and her bodice sparkled up using Donna's Twinkle Dust Glitter from Clearsnap.


She's surrounded with bright yellow flowers that I made with Donna's Rose Creations Die by Spellbinders and then it was all nestled on one of Donna's Canvas Flags from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Pennant Set. I finished it all off with some sequins and some splatters if brown ink - I created a little bottle of ink using Donna's Leather Mix'd Media Inx Reinker mixed with some water.

Thanks for stopping by today, see you again soon!


Donna Salazar Designs Products used:

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Texture Ribbons {Burlap & Organza}
Canvas Ribbons
Pennant Set {Canvas Flag}
Denim Art Journal

Clearsnap/Colorbox
Mix'd Media Inx Reinker - Chiffon, Leather
Smooch Spritz - Caramel Latte
Twinkle Dust Glitter - Sugar Shimmer

Spellbinders
Wonderful Wings Die
Rose Creations Die

Partner Products
Clearsnap / Colorbox - Glue Gloss
Clearsnap / Colorbox - Smooch Spritz - Cashmere, Candle Glow
Spellbinders - Grand Calibur

No comments:

Post a Comment