Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Key to My Heart" Card by ~ Tracey Sabella

Hi, It's Tracey back to share a Valentine's Day Card I created for my husband featuring Donna's new Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Denim Sheets, Burlap Ribbon, and 3D Foam Keys.

"You Hold the Key to My Heart"

Tips and Techniques
I wanted to keep my card more masculine, so created a denim flower using Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L denim sheet from her Pennant Set and a vintage button. With the extra small Clover Kanzashi Flower Maker it only took a few minutes to create. To give it a more grungy guy feel I dabbed with Donna's Clearsnap Emboss Gloss and heat set with Mix'd Media Inx Leather Embossing Powder. 

Remember the Wispy Burlap Flowers I've been creating? I saved the burlap threads and used them here to wrap around the heart. 

I heat embossed one of Donna's Scrapbooking Adhesives by 3L Foam Keys with her leather embossing powder to give a metallic finish. Donna has created a video tutorial demonstrating this techique. You can view her tutorial HERE.

I hand cut this heart from corrugated board. I used a palette knife to add light molding paste across the heart from some grungy texture, then misted the center with Donna's Sea Breeze Clearsnap Smooch Spritz. Then to grunge up the edges I brushed opposite edges with Donna's Clearsnap Emboss Gloss, sprinkled with Leather Mix'd Media Inx, and heat set.

I used an old typeset stamp set to stamp out my sentiment, cut out and rubbed with Truffle Mix'd Media Inx. To add the heart texture to the background, I used the Heart Confetti Mask from Um Wow studio with molding paste. I then spritzed with water and Sea Breeze Smooch Spritz, dried, then splattered with more Sea Breeze and Wood Stain Smooch Spritz. 

I rubbed Truffle Mix'd Media Inx across the Um Wow Chipboard Confetti Hearts, dried, then dabbed randomly with Donna's Emboss Gloss sprinkled with Leather MMI embossing powder, and heat set. I just adore the random grungy look this creates. You just can't get this effect with an embossing pad, that would cover the entire piece. 

The edges are distressed with Donna's Zutter Distrezz-it_All, then inked with Truffle Mix'd Media Inx.

Thanks for stopping by today!

I hope you've been inspired to pull out your Donna Salazar
goodies and create a grungy Valentine for your sweetheart!

~ Blessings ~


Donna Salazar Products
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
3D Foam Keys
Texture Ribbons (Burlap Ribbon)
Pennant Set (Denim Sheet)
Clearsnap
Mix’d Media Inx ~ Black, Leather, Truffle
Mix’d Media Inx Embossing Powder ~ Leather
Smooch Spritz ~ Sea Breeze, Wood Stain
Emboss Gloss
Zutter
Distrezz-it-All 

Partner Products
Clearsnap ~ ColorBox – Foam Applicators 
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ 3D Foam Squares – Regular, Black
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Power Tape 

Other Products
Um Wow Studio
Flair – From the Heart
Chipboard – Heart Confetti
Mixed Media Stencils/Masks – Heart Confetti Mask

For a complete product list, please stop by my blog, Garden of Grace.

6 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I love love love the colors and all the hearts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card Tracey! I love all the layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey. Your hubby is going to LOVE this. It's wonderful. So neat that you saved the threads from you flowers - they add so much pizazz under the cardboard - which is the perfect man-heart! And your rolled edges are great too. All the layers and creativity just makes me want to keep looking and looking. SUPER FINE creation in every way. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! The heart looks fabulous & that copper embossing is sooo nice.....YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks brilliant.. love the corrugated heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Tracey!! I love the textures, corrugated heart and the denim flower!! What a great card for your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete