Friday, October 3, 2014

New $5 e-Class by ~Donna

Hello my peeps! I have a long standing tradition of giving my family handmade crafty things for their birthdays. I was going to create a canvas for my baby sister's birthday but I made her one last year. So while my mom and I were talking she gave me the idea of making a home decor cross (both my sis and I have a wall with lots of crosses). I started to get excited about the cross and knew that it would be an awesome class too... so as I made her present I took step by step pictures and Voila! Now there is a new $5 e-Class on the Girlie Grunge site!

Here are some pictures of the finished cross (and I've got a few of the step by step photos below as well).



In the e-Class you get a narrated presentation as well as a downloadable and very detailed instructional pdf. You will learn how to completely assemble the cross from flat pieces of cardboard and kraft paper, how to customize paint color, how to get a crackle finish, how to add touches of color to the edges with CHOX, and how to add the twine, beads and embellies.
Below are the step by step photos for adding touches of color to the edges of the cross. These steps are inside the class as well but I'm just giving you a sneak peek. ;)

I'm using my Driftwood, Pomegranate, and Midnight Mix'd Media Inx CHOX.

I rubbed the Driftwood CHOX pad directly onto the edges of the cross.

You have a very short time window for blending the CHOX because they dry much faster than the original Mix'd Media Inx so you may want to do a small section at a time. You can blend with a foam blender or you can use your hand... like me.

You always want to add color from the lightest color to the darkest. The next color I added was Pomegranate. I rubbed the pad along the edge then blended with my hand. 

One of the awesome things that CHOX will do is become blendable again once you add more (if you are using them on a painted or semi-porous surface). So if you have an area with CHOX that you think is too dark, you can use the lighter CHOX to tone it down. It is best to use a foam blender to do this or to touch your fingers to the pad then to the project rather than contaminate your lighter pad with the darker CHOX. 
(look at the long side on the top right in the last two photos to see how the Pomegranate was toned down by the Driftwood)

I finished the edges with Midnight CHOX. I wanted the edges to be pretty dark but not overwhelm the other colors so I barely touched the edges with the CHOX pad and blended only a tiny bit.

If you want to learn how to create this cross start to finish the e-Class is ONLY $5! 
You can find more info on the Girlie Grunge site HERE.

Product used for the technique above:
Colorbox
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Driftwood, Pomegranate, Midnight

Supplies for the e-Class:
2 large pieces and several strips of cardboard, hot glue gun, kraft packing paper, Elmer's White Glue, Clearsnap Smooch Spritz (Wood Stain), Liquitex Basics Paint (1 color & white), paint brushes, small bowls, heat gun, Colorbox Mix'd Media Inx CHOX (Driftwood, Pomegranate, Midnight), twine, beads, charms and/or embellishments, ribbon, 3L Scrapbook Adhesives Dodz (Medium & 3D)


On a different note... I'm going to be doing a LIVE interview on Spreecast with Lain Ehmann on Thursday, October 9th at 12:00 PM Pacific to talk about our upcoming True Scrap 6 event later this month. It is a totally interactive video interview so you will get to see my dorky facial expressions and hear my unedited answers to your questions... How I often dream of having the ability to edit my live conversations so I don't sound like such a dork
Anyway, it will be totally FUN and I hope you can join us!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Smooches ~D~

Visit the Girlie Grunge site for challenges, giveaways, tutorials, e-Classes, etc... HERE

AND... don't forget to FOLLOW THIS BLOG! Just click on the Bloglovin button on the top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment