Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Your Day" Card by ~Donna


Hello peeps! I have a fun card tutorial to share with you today. These techniques are super easy but sometimes the stuff that I think is easy turns out to be something that you all want to know. 
So here is the card that I made for my son. 
In case you can't read my messy writing, it says:
"Today is your day! Carpe the heck out of this Diem"

I started with kraft cardstock cut to 10x7 and scored down the center with the Scor-it-All for a 5x7 card. I folded the card and distressed the 3 open edges with my Distrezz-it-All. 

I used some metal mesh and gesso to add a bit of messy texture then added some splatters with the gesso as well. 

I lightly pressed a baby wipe over the card to soak up the extra gesso then dried it with a heat gun.

I used two of my FAVE colors of Smooch Spritz: Wood Stain & Caramel Latte.

After shaking the bottles until I couldn't see the mica settled on the glass anywhere, I lightly spritzed the Caramel Latte. I then removed the nozzle on the Wood Stain and flicked a bit of color onto the card then dried it all with a heat gun.

I Used my Mix'd Media Inx in Honey around the edges to give it a soft cloudy frame. 

I softly blended my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX in Driftwood on the edges of the stars. 

I ran a blender with my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX in Sparrow on just the edge of the stars. 

I ran a blender with my Mix'd Media Inx CHOX in Midnight on just the edge of the stars but only in random areas.

I took the title that I cut using my Silhouette Cameo and placed it directly onto my Midnight Mix'd Media Inx CHOX pad and pressed it down with a pen in random areas (cleaning the pen off every time I pressed it down). I wanted to make the title show up a little better and to also make it look messy. I can't have something girlie on my project without adding a bit of grunge is some way. ;)

This is what the title looked like when I was done. 

 I adhered the stars with 3D Foam Squares from 3L Scrapbook Adhesives.

And the last thing I did was add the rest of the sentiment with a pen. 

Here are some close ups:




Product used
Clearsnap/Colorbox: 
Mix'd Media Inx - Honey
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Driftwood, Sparrow, Midnight
Smooch Spritz - Wood Stain, Caramel Latte
3L Scrapbook Adhesives:
3D Foam Squares
Zutter:
Distrezz-it-All
Scor-it-All
Silhouette Cameo:
Perfect Flourish Words - Remember Today by Kolette Hall

Well that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by! Smooches ~D~

Visit the Girlie Grunge site for challenges, giveaways, tutorials, e-Classes, etc... HERE

AND... don't forget to FOLLOW THIS BLOG! Just click on the Bloglovin button on the top right.

1 comment:

  1. wow this is so cool and so stunning beautiful done love it ... hugs magi

    ReplyDelete