Friday, February 28, 2014

"Precious" Shabby Chic Layout by ~ Helena Johansson

Hi! Today I have a new layout to share, a real shabby chic one!

I have worked with papers from GCD Studios and Donna's Natural Beauty collection mostly, but I have also used a piece of paper from the Family Jeans collection (Pages). I wanted soft colors for this layout, and chose papers in pale pink, blue and yellow shades (Blue Fence, Rosey, Soaring and Nancy's Mushrooms). Behind the photo I have a piece of the Pages paper and a piece of script paper from the Mix'd Media Stax.

I have cut the papers using a die-cut paper as a template. The bottom and top paper I distressed the edges a bit, the middle paper I cut using a decorative scissors. After distressing and folding, I have painted the edges with gesso and texture paste, to get a shabby look.


I have used Want2Scrap's and Donna's Brick stencil (8x10) on a couple of spots, and then I sprayed with Smooch Spritz, Mixed Berries, here and there.

The title, Precious, I cut out from the 12x12 pad image sheet - Family Jeans collection.


The little chipboard crown from Want2Scrap and Donna was just perfect for my little princess! I have used embossing powder, color Honey, on this.


I just love script papers - they give any project a real shabby look!


The smaller flower I have made using Spellbinders Rose Creation die (two smallest sizes) and the Pages paper from the Family Jeans collection.


And a couple of pics from different angles:


Thank you for stopping by today! 

Helena

Products used:

Papers
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, Blue Fence
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, Rosey
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, Soaring
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, Nancy's Mushrooms
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans collection, Pages
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans collection, 12x12 pad image sheet
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Mix'd Media Stax

Stencil
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar - Brick stencil, 8x10

Color/Ink
Smooch Spritz - Mixed Berries
Color Box: Donna Salazar - Mix'd Media Inx, Honey

Die
Spellbinders: Donna Salazar - Rose Creations die

Other
Flowers from Petaloo and Prima
Chipboard from Dusty Attic 
Gesso
Texture Paste

No comments:

Post a Comment