Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sweet Treats by ~ Mistra Hoolahan

Hi everyone!  I felt like creating with pink today, and while looking for an image to go with the papers I'd chosen I found this one of macarons I'd had on my phone for ages.  Stupidly, I didn't know these were macarons... I'd never had them before, I just had the photo because they looked so pretty.

A few weeks ago I had my first macaron... followed quickly by another 4!  I'm not sure what log I've been hiding under to have missed tasting these delights, but they are now easily my fave treat... and so they were scrapped!



I've used papers from Donna's Family Jeans line by GCD Studios, as well as some cool corrugated board from Want2Scrap.  I created some flowers to match the paper using Donna's Rose Creations Dies as well a sweet little one with the Bitty Blossom Die.  I've cut the Bitty Blossom using the Mulberry paper from the Mix'd Media Stax 2, it cuts beautifully and makes such a soft little flower.


I've also cut one of words from the Family Jeans line and used it as part of my title.


Because the the tiny bit of denim pattern in the title I cut a denim butterfly using Donna's Wonderful Wings Die, blinged up with the matching Nestabling from Want2Scrap.


And also introduced a bow I made from some denim offcuts.  I love adding the denim to contrast with the patterns in Donna's papers, it always works so well!


I hope you've liked my sweet little offering today... and if you've not tried macarons, you really have to do yourself a favour and try one!

www.mistrabutterfly.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment