Friday, September 27, 2013

Shabby Banner Cards by ~ Helena Johansson

Hi there! Helena here to share some Donna Salazar inspiration with you. Today I have two cards to show you, using both the Natural Beauty Collection and the Family Jeans Collection. I have created banners using the Die-cut Shapes from both collections, and I am showing you how further down. Banners are so much fun - and easy - to make and can be used on both cards and layouts!


This pink card features papers and die-cut shapes from GCD Studios and Donnas Natural Beauty Collection. The word "Smile" is cut out from a paper in the 6x6 paper pad. I have inked the pink paper with Mix'd Media Inx, color Jasmine. This gives the paper, and card, a softer look.


The blue card features GCD Studios and Donna's Family Jeans Collection. Here I've painted the edges and flowers with white gesso to get a shabbier look. The printed paper is from the Mix'd Media Stax 2.


Here are the cards from another angle:



Here is how I made my "Shabby banners":

I have used the die-cut shapes from Family Jeans collection and Natural Beauty collection on the cards above, here you can see the Family Jeans shapes - beautiful shapes ready to be used as they are, or you can make your own embellishment with them:


I chose some of the different banners, and some stars:


I distressed the edges and wrinkled the shapes a bit:


Then I used Mix'd Media Inx, colors Chiffon, Jasmine and Pewter, to ink the edges:


Here is what the shapes looked like after I painted them:


Then I glued the pieces together, I put them together randomly and I didn't make the banners "perfect".


Then I glued the banner pieces on a piece of string and after they had dried I just used them on my cards. Easy peasy!


Thank you for stopping by today!
xoxo

Product list:
Papers:
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, 6x6 paper pad
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans collection, 6x6 paper pad
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Mix'd Media Stax
Die-cuts:
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty Die-cut Shapes
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans Die-cut Shapes
Ink:
Mix'd Media Inx - Jasmine
Mix'd Media Inx - Pewter
Mix-d Media Inx - Chiffon
Other:
Flowers from Petaloo
Gesso
String
Flair button

No comments:

Post a Comment