Saturday, July 25, 2015

"Sweet Dreams" Wall Hanging by ~ Misty Russell

Hi!  Today I have created a cute wall hanging inspired by Donna's "Under the Stars"canvas she created here.  I absolutely love how easy it is to use the E-Z Stars and it is going to be so much fun using it as focal points of projects or as an extra background pattern beneath mixed media creations!


I started off with a journal page from the DSD Denim art journal as my base, then adhered some paper and a thin napkin layer with gel medium.

After adding some texture with a stencil and some modeling paste, I coated it with some gesso and then added the stars (embossed) and misted with candle glow and pink pigment powder...


 I created the clouds using a stamp over the organza ribbon and then cutting just outside the image.




Then to prevent fraying I glued around the edges and adhered it to the surface...


Then, inspired by the massive amounts of rain we've been receiving here in the midwest (lol),  I decided to add pearly raindrops to finish off the project!

Products Used

Mix'd Media Inx® CHOX - Midnight


Partner Products
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® 

As Always, thank you so much for stopping by!  
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! Can I ask where the "sweet dreams" came from? Looks like a die, and I *love* the font! Thanks and great work!

    ReplyDelete