Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wander The Sea Tag by ~ DeeDee Catron

Hello Girly Grunge fans :) DeeDee here today with a deliciously layered tag bit using tons of my favorite products including amazing bits by Donna Salazar.

First I should probably just put it all out there - I LOVE texture. I love frayed bits and grungy pieces, rips and tears, fuzziness, threads and more! And ever since I've gotten my little hands on Donna Salazar's Mix'd Media Stax II I cannot put it down! So let me prep you with that and then show you my tag:


The tag base is watercolor paper. I love the rich texture and sturdiness it gives to my pieces. But I also REALLY love it because it compliments the piece of handmade paper from the Mix'd Media Stax II paper pad like a DREAM. The colors are identical, the textures are so fun together, and I love pairing them up. 

SO >> Base watercolor paper. The bottom of the tag has a paper doily and some washi tape that have both been sewn on.  THEN there's a layer of pop dots, a Destination Unknown diecut tag from 7 Dots Studio, some cheesecloth and THEN the handmade paper from the Mix'd Media Stax II pad. It's been cut into a heart and sewn down with the same black thread as the washi tape and doily.



Before I sewed down the heart I doused it in Glue Gloss and Twinkle Dust Glitter by Clearsnap. Then it was layered with an UmWowStudio chipboard daisy that was altered with the Twinkle Dust Glitter on top of a layer of gesso. The flower is from Prima. The anchor comes from an UmWowStudio set of chipboard and has been altered with gesso and Clearsnap Smooch Spritz. 


Here you can really see the depth that the tag has. I finished it off with a sticker from Destination unknown and some May Arts Ribbon. What do you think? :)

Thanks so much for joining me today -- see you next time! -DeeDee


DSD Products used:
Clearsnap - Twinkle Dust Glitter
Clearsnap - Smooch Spritz - Wood Stain
GCD Studios - Mix'd Media Stax II

Other:
UmWowStudio : chipboard Daisy, chipboard Anchor
7 Dots Studio : Destination Unknown diecut tags and word stickers
Prima Marketing : Flowers and Gesso
May Arts Ribbon, dimensional adhesive, watercolor paper, washi tape, doily, sewing machine and thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment