Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Girlie Grunge Mixed Media Recipe Holder by Tracey Sabella

Hi everyone! It's Tracey here to share my latest project with Donna's gorgeous products. I've altered this oversized clothespin as a recipe holder. Simply clip a recipe into the clothespin to keep it in plain site while cooking. I've featured Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pigment Powders and 3D Foam Swirls along with her Spellbinders Rose Creations, Bitty Blossoms, and a layered butterfly created with her brand new Cascading Butterflies die scheduled to be released this spring.


Tips and Techniques
This sweet layered flower is cut with two of Donna's dies. The bottom layers are cut from a canvas flag in Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pennant Set using her Rose Creations Dies. I've inked the canvas with her Denim and Indigo Colorbox® Mix'd Media Inx®. The center flower is cut with Donna's Bitty Blossoms die. I adhered the flower to the clothespin with Donna's Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Dodz™ XL. I just adore how all of Donna's flower dies can be layered to create an endless assortment of different blossoms.

Donna's new Cascading Butterflies die cuts a gorgeous outline of a whole cluster of sweet butterflies and also produces a bunch of little butterflies. I layered the smaller book page butterfly, which I inked with Indigo Mix'd Media Inx® over a slightly larger one cut from a manilla folder and inked with Butternut Mix'd Media Inx® CHOX.

Here you can see the background nicely. I adhered a piece of patterned paper to the clothespin and brushed it with clear gesso. Then I mixed Donna's Blue, Rose, and Silver Pigment Powders into Whipped Spackle which I applied to the background with a floral stencil. I misted with Donna's Caramel Latte Clearsnap® Smooch Spritz. I also added a little splatter with white drawing ink.

Here I'm wearing my adhesive on the outside by covering Donna's 3D Foam Swirl with her Clearsnap® Twinkle Dust Glitter. To darken and grunge it up a bit, I brushed on Caramel Latte and Sea Breeze Smooch Spritz.

I painted these chipboard letters with a coat of white gesso, then brushed with Donna's blue and silver pigment powders mixed with matte medium. I mixed them separately, then lightly stirred the two colors together so there would be color variations on the letters. I heat set, then dry brushed very lightly with gesso.

One final shot.

I hope you've been inspired to grab your stash of Donna's supplies
and create a girlie grunge mixed media project.

~ Blessings ~


Donna Salazar Designs Products

NEW ~ Pigment Powder - Silver
NEW ~ Pigment Powder - wine

NEW ~ Cascading Butterflies

Mix'd Media Inx® ~ Denim, Indigo, Truffle
Smooch Spritz® ~ Caramel Latte, Sea Breeze
Twinkle Dust Glitter ~ Pralines and Cream

Partner Products
Clearsnap/ColorBox® Embossing Powder - Clear

For a complete product list, please stop by my blog: Garden of Grace.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tracey this is SOOOO FABulous!! I love the way you did the flowers, such a super Recipe holder. I have the flower dies, have to try using them the way you have :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project and a great way to keep my recipe cards splatter free:)
    Cant wait to get my hands on Donna's new dies...the cascading butterflies & the big blossom are just calling my name!

    ReplyDelete