Saturday, April 25, 2015

Joy Banner by ~ Misty Russell

Hi everyone!  
Today I'm sharing a project that is a little different from my normal style.  This is the first time I've created something without using paints or mists, and I'm not gonna lie it felt a little strange.  I did however, use lots of Donna's beautiful ribbons!

I've created a somewhat simple banner using the Pennant Set and some canvas, lace, burlap and organza ribbons.  I attempted to pleat the canvas ribbon to create some bunting and then added the bows using the organza ribbons.

To make the letters I used the burlap texture ribbon.  In order to prevent fraying, I applied glue to the back side of the ribbon and then when it dried I traced and cut out the letter.  Then I used some gel medium and added some pralines and cream Twinkle Dust....


For the 'o' I just used a stamp from Scrap Fx and Donna's indigo ink from clearsnap and stamped onto the burlap.

Then I used the gorgeous lace ribbon along the bottom of the
denim pennants to create a little more interest.  

Donna Salazar Products

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Lace Ribbons
Texture Ribbons 
Pennant set

Clearsnap
Mix’d Media Inx ~ indigo
Twinkle Dust Glitter ~ Sugar Shimmer, Pralines & Cream

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment