Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"Snow Day" Farewell Layout by ~ Helena Johansson

Hi everybody! The layout I have to share today is a winter layout, even though we are in the middle of summer here in Sweden. It's been so hot lately, the only way I could think of to cool down, was to scrap about winter!
This is my last work for Donna Salazar, it is time for me to move on. I have had an amazing time on this team and it was a dream come true when I was asked to join! Donna's products are totally awesome to work with!
Back to my layout. I have worked with different papers from GCD Studios and Donna's, all in blue shades. I cut them using a diecut paper as a template, distressed the edges and then painted the edges with white gesso. I didn't do any more background work, all the paint and mist you see was added later in the process.


Behind the photo I have used Spellbinders and Donna's Shadow Flowers dies (I cut four pieces of one of the dies, and glued them on the back of the photo, to create a frame).


I have also used Spellbinders and Donna's Wonderful Wings dies to make the beautiful butterflies. I have sprinkled some Twinkle dust glitter, Sugar Shimmer, on these beauties.




The alpha is from GCD Studios and Donna's Family Jeans collection.



After adding flowers, vines and the butterflies, I painted everything lightly with some white gesso. I then dripped some Smoochspritz, color Evergreen, here and there. The purple flower was added last, so no paint or mist on that one.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the sweet comments you have given me here and on Donna's facebook page.

xoxo

Helena



Donna Salazar products used:

Paper:
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, Wall vines B
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Cards B
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Notebook A

Ink and glitter:
Smoochspritz - Evergreen
Donna Salazar - Twinkle dust glitter, Sugar Shimmer

Dies:
Spellbinders Shadow Flowers
Spellbinders Wonderful wings

Chipboard:
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans collection, chipboard Alpha

Other products used: 
Chipboard and mini roses from Dusty Attic
Flowers from Petaloo
Gesso

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the inspiration you've shared ... just beautiful! Wishing you joy for your Journey ... where ever it takes you !

    ReplyDelete