Monday, January 20, 2014

Masculine Valentine's Card by ~ DT Elena Olinevich

Hello DSD friends. I would like to ask you a question? Are you easily dealing with making Valentine's Cards? And are they for Him?
For me it is an issue - no flowers, no pink.
So here is a post on making something for him.

It has not appeared in my mind at once how it had to be,
but here are some steps how I created it.

I used Fun & Funky collection, 6x6 pad,
cut the strip, misted the bottom of my bigger part with the water

I crumpled the moisten paper , placed the leftover strip to the bottom of the cardstock,
cut the excess (you will need it later too)

I distressed the edges of denim ATC by Want2Scrap, and pulled those threads through the flower, cut with Spellbinders Dies from Corrugated Cardboard.

After then I covered the fabric and left side of my card with gesso and misted with Smooch Spritz.

After the drips have dried I applied dimensional paint from Shimmerz.
and made a cluster using the small leftover from the strip, flower, heart and a brad.


I hope you won't have any issues with making a Valentine card for your man too.
Thank you for watching me today.


Donna Salazar Designs products used:
GSD Studio Donna Salazar Designs - Fun & Funky collection, 6x6 paper pad
Want 2Scrap - Corrugated Board
Chipboard Alphas from Fun &Style collection
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Design Smooch Spritz
Want2Scrap - Fabric ATC 
Spellbinders ~ Rose Creations

Other Products:
Gesso
Shimmerz Dimensionz
Brad
cheesecloth
string

1 comment:

  1. A fun tutorial...crumpled paper such a cool touch ... your Valentine will be so in love !!

    ReplyDelete