Friday, October 18, 2013

Mixed Media Album by ~Nadia Canizzo

Goodmorning everyone. I hope this post finds you well. 

I decided this month to create an album for my 4 month old baby Sofia for her first year. I wanted to do a month by month picture album with a little blurb about anything exciting that happened that month. I take a photo of her each month on the 17th as that is the date she was born in May, so why not make a nice keepsake out of it? 


I used this album from Want2Scrap

Assorted Rectangles - Corrugated Album

Did you know that Donna has designed many great products for Want2Scrap and that they are available at their online store HERE. They do also ship internationally and shipping is very affordable on all of these items :))

Now here are some close ups. 


The album came with 8 jump rings which I decorated with some The Greatest View chevron trim and other trims from my stash. 

I added my own trims on the edges of some of the papers for extra detail







Here is what it looks like inside..


and of course the rest of the pages are blank for me to add photos to over the next few months..


Sure hope you liked my project and are inspired to try something similar


Materials List
Paper
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Natural Beauty collection
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Stax2
Alphas
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Chipboard Alphas  - Fun & Funky
Ink
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Chiffon
Album
Want2Scrap Assorted Rectangles corrugated album
Other
Kaisercraft clean stamp, Martha Stewart Crafters Mold circle frame, paper doilies, gauge, trims, gesso, white acrylic paint. 

Find me here..

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Nadia! What a sweet girlie grunge baby album for your adorable daughter!! ~ ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful subject you have! This is a really neat album. I missed so many of these awesome things/ideas when mine were babies. Someday when I am a Grandma (no hurry kids!!!) I will be making amazingly gorgeous albums to make for my kids! Thank you for sharing your baby and this album with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is gorgeous and what an amazing keepsake! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and totally love all those layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how time flies!!! Fortunate you will have this beautiful keepsake full of photos of precious Sofia...Big Hugs Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable and your album is incredible.

    ReplyDelete