Friday, September 13, 2013

Texture Canvas by ~ Helena Johansson

Hi there! Today I have a canvas to share with you. I haven't made that many canvases, so this is pretty new to me, but I had so much fun creating this!

Lots of texture, lots of paint and lots of love - and of course lots of Donna Salazar products:

Love canvas


I have used an 8x8 canvas and I started with painting it with white gesso. Then I laid  out some pieces of papers from GCD Studios and Donna's, a couple of pieces of doilies and some cheesecloth. I used Fast Finish Decoupage to glue all the pieces into Place. Then I used Want2Scraps and Donna's fabulous brick stencil with some texture paste. Amazing effect! I also glued small strips of paper (Heirloom A, Family Jeans collection) on the top and bottom of the canvas, just to give the canvas some framing.

Love canvas 5


I then glued Want2Scrap's and Donna's chipboard swirls on the sides, and then misted with Smooch Spritz, Sea Breeze, here and there until I was satisfied.

Love canvas 4


I then added some bling from Want2Scrap and Donna - a butterfly and swirls from Build your own Bling. I painted them with white gesso and then misted with Smooch Spritz a bit more.

Love canvas 3


Finally I cut the butterflies from the Heirloom paper, from the Family Jeans colletion, and glued them on my canvas, and added the title using GCD Studios and Donna's chipboard alpha. I also used Mix'd Media Inx, color Patina, on the edges of the canvas.

Love canvas 2

Thank you for stopping by today!
xoxo

487876_10151713494373206_723676571_n


Products used:
Paper
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Mix'd Media Stax 2
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans Collection, Heirloom A
Inks and mists
Mix'd Media Inx - Patina
Smooch Spritz - Sea Breeze
Stencil
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar - Brick
Bling
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar - Build Your Own Bling
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar - Butterflies
Chipboard
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar - Swirls
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Chipboard Alpha, Fun&Funky collection
Other
Gesso and texture paste
Cheesecloth and doily
Flowers
Ornate plate

No comments:

Post a Comment