Saturday, November 2, 2013

3rd Annual Handmade Holidays Blog Hop - Day 2

Welcome to the Third Annual Handmade Holidays blog hop!! 

The best crafters, designers, and makers have come together to create and share  a series of thoughtful, handmade gifts for the holidays during this 3 day blog hop. Our goal is to inspire you to create something from the heart this holiday season as well as share how to use our products in fun, innovative ways. We intend this hop to serve as a resource to you for this holiday season and for years to come.

Hop along to each blog in the list. Each day, from November 1 through November 3, 2013, we’ll be posting a brand new list of blogs to hop to. Comment on each blog, share your favorite posts over social media, and then use the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of each post to enter to win the Grand Prize, a gift basket filled with crafty swag from the companies on the hop! We’re ready to inspire, share, and create – are you ready to hop?

Today I've got this fun mixed media altered frame that I made using Smooch Spritz and Mix'd Media Inx CHOX.




Here are the instructions:
Paint your frame with a base coat then white wash over the base coat and sand away some of the color. Add some texture paste to the corner with an Art Screen (Mandala used on example).
Dry the texture paste then spray with Smooch Spritz in Wood Stain and rub into the design.
Use a baby wipe to wipe lightly across the top of the design.
Dry with a heat gun.
Lightly white wash over the design with white acrylic paint.
Use Driftwood and Sparrow CHOX inx to color the edges and make the frame look more vintage.
 Use your fingers to blend the colors in.
Seal the frame with a decoupage medium, Fast Finish Decoupage suggested.

 Use a fan brush and some Wood Stain Smooch Spritz to strategically add splatters to the frame.
Dry with a heat gun.
Embellish with flowers and bows. I used my Bitty Blossom and Grand Peony Creations flower dies to create the large flower.

Here are the rest of the blogs on this hop:
Donna Salazar Designs  You are here
Sizzix – Eileen Hull Designs http://eileenhull.blogspot.com/
Graphic 45 – Romy Veul - http://scrapstuffandmore.blogspot.nl/
Clearsnap – Steph Ackerman http://stephaniescraps.blogspot.com/
Sizzix – Tami Mayberry http://tamimayberry.blogspot.com/
100 Proof Press – Vicki O’Dell http://www.vickiodell.com  
ICE Resin - Cindy Cima Edwards http://www.cindycima.com/
Donna Salazar Designs – Nadia Canizzo http://samnadia.blogspot.com/
Graphic 45 – Susan Lui  http://luv2scrap-pages.blogspot.com/
Sizzix - Lorine Mason http://lorinemason.com/blog/
Smoothfoam – Lindsay Obermeyer http://loops.typepad.com/serendipity/
Donna Salazar Designs – Tracey Sabella http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/
Clearsnap – Meihsia Liu http://meihsia.blogspot.com/

I welcome you to visit this blog throughout the month of November for my
"Christmas Cards of 2013"
I'll be sharing a handmade Christmas card tutorial every week on my "Wednesday Webisodes" show and each week I'll be sharing a different technique using Clearsnap products.

Thanks for stopping by! Smooches ~D~
Donna-2013
Visit the Girlie Grunge site for challenges, giveaways, tutorials, e-Classes, etc... HERE
You can follow me on Twitter: HERE
You can Like the Donna Salazar Designs Facebook page: HERE and the
Distrezz-it-All Facebook page: HERE
 You can find me on Pinterest: HERE and follow me on Instagram: HERE
You can subscribe to my YouTube channel: HERE
I'll be drawing a winner from the subscribers on my YouTube channel for the prize above in early November.
AND... don't forget to FOLLOW THIS BLOG! Just click on one of the buttons under the Subscribe heading to the right.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

32 comments:

  1. This turned out really cool and pretty!! Love the texture paste design.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful frame - will make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Donna, what a darling frame! I have several frames that I have been wanting to recycle and this technique would be perfect. Great gift for the holidays, for sure! Thank you for your beautiful ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frame. How artistic you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "love,love the altered frame" you are so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty frame. Looks antique after you finished it. Love getting my hands messy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mixed media altered frame! The texture is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic creation, love the colors & the details. Thank you so much for creating and sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love how you made the frame. I subscribed to you utube channel as I would love to see more of your work. 499faith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely frame! I have a few frames in my stash that I have been trying to decide how I wanted to decorate them and I think I am going to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial. Will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this picture frame idea, on my "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this frame, I haven't done much with the paste ... makes me want to try it Thasnks for the tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing gift! I would love to receive and make these frames.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your frame is so beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Really like the tutorial, too! Subscribed to your YouTube channel as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea, will be creating some for pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That frame is so pretty!!! Definitely going on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty frame Donna! I love the idea of giving as gifts, with a meaningful photo inside.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! Love it!! Love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet frame.

    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. One of the prettiest frames I have ever seen! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete