Friday, September 6, 2013

Our New Full Time Member of the DSD DT ~ Nadia

Hello my peeps! I am so happy to announce that Nadia Cannizzo is now a regular member of the Donna Salazar Designs DT. When she sent us her posts for her Guest DT member spots her work just blew me and Natasha away. I was pleased as punch when she agreed to join us... but she had just delivered her baby so we gave her some time to get settled before she jumped in. I actually was going to give her more time but she has been so excited to get started that we decided to go ahead and get this show on the road. So please help me in welcoming her to our team! ~D~


Bio: My name is Nadia Cannizzo, and I was born and raised in Greece before settling in Sydney, Australia in 1989. I just turned 35, and married my husband almost 15 years ago. Together we live in the suburbs of Sydney raising our 3 daughters (6, 4 & 3 months) while trying to stay sane!

I am a Primary School teacher and absolutely love my work, but its on hold right now while I raise my children. 

I create something almost every day, and I am like a child on Christmas morning when a parcel of goodies arrives at my doorstep. I create depending on how I feel that day and my personality and mood are reflected in my work. 

I am a neat freak, impulsive, extremely loyal, obsessed with my children, super sensitive, a lover of movies and cooking, a wannabe world traveler (I have a bucket list yes!), a people lover, and extremely passionate about little children and their well being.

My motto in life is "nothing is impossible" and I never take no for an answer.

Please visit my blog here ---> Just My Scrapping World

Drumroll please... And here is Nadia's very first post as an official member of the DSD DT:

Well hello everyone! Words cannot express how happy I am to have joined this amazing team and to create for Donna! I have ALWAYS loved her products, but fell deeply in love with them after being a Guest Designer here on the blog back in May and had the chance to play around with more of her collections. 

When I finished all of my creations back then, I said one thing to my self ... "When Donna Salazar Designs has a DT call YOU WILL apply"!! I made it clear to my scrappy BFF that I REALLY wanted to create for Donna Salazar Designs because when I create with products I LOVE, I create at my best (I hope so anyway), the ideas flow freely and the whole process seems effortless! It all just comes together easily. This is how I feel about Donna's collections so imagine my absolute joy when I was asked to join the team permanently! 

So from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU Donna and Natasha for inviting to be on this team. I am so excited :) 

So here is my first project. I created a canvas using many bits from  different Donna Salazar collections. I also have a photo tutorial on how I created the background further down. 

"Be Yourself" canvas by Nadia Cannizzo


Ok so here are some tips on creating a textured background and altering some of the embellishments..











Thanks for stopping by today!
Materials List
Paper
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Stax2
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar 8x8 Corrugated Cardboard
Chipboard
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar Nestaboard Sprightly Sprockets
Rhinestones
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar Nestabling Sprightly Sprockets
Alphas
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Chipboard Alphas  - Fun & Funky
Stencil
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar Leaves Stencil
Mist
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Smooch Spritz Pralines & Cream
Ink
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Chiffon
Other
Prima Marketing flowers and background stamp
8x10 Canvas
Gesso
Modelling Paste
Gel Medium 

5 comments:

  1. Whooo Congrats Nadia for this new and grand adventure as a DT member...how exciting...I love Donna's product and all the girly grunge...enjoy!!!

    hugs, Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot!! congratulations my friend! awesome work as always! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing addition to the team! nadia is a constant source of inspiration!!!! Cannot wait to see more! This canvas is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo.. love this tutorial... you're tempting me... I may have to try this !! Loving the Sprightyly Sprockets ( can't say that fast ) rhinestones.. girl gotta have her bling !! :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job Nadia, the canvas is beautiful and your tutorial was very interesting. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete